What we do:
From beginning to end, we will work with you to create a video product that captivates and motivates your audience.
Regular Guy Creative recognizes the profound importance of setting yourself apart when it comes to engaging an audience. We also know it isn’t easy to picture how your story will translate from imagination to the screen.
That’s why when you present us with an idea we work both for you and with you.
We view our clients as creative collaborators with whom we want to foster long-lasting relationships for years to come.
We remain available, approachable and absorbed in each project until completed to your standards, and of course, we always work to accommodate your deadlines, schedule, budget and questions.
How we do what we do:
Creative Development & Pre-Production
Our creative process begins with listening and observing. Considering our clients perspective and looking beyond to what drives their brand, their mission, and their project goals. We carefully examine expectations, assess audience needs, and deliberate on crafting the most appropriate messaging.
When starting a new project, there are many questions that need to be answered: purpose, message, audience, approach, schedule, deliverables, etc. Whether working directly with our clients or independently, we set out to answer these questions and others in order to frame the program and initiate our creative journey.
As the creative process continues, we will work with you to further develop the video concept, determine the location of any shoots, schedule interviews, prep interviewees, discuss the style of graphics and all other details of the video. Clients are informed and involved every step of the way.
We will schedule a time to meet at your office or at the location of your choosing. Most video shoots take only a few hours and can be scheduled into or after your typical work day. While on site, we typically look to capture a few things…
Interviews with Staff/Customers/Program Participants
These are the most effective and impactful way tell your story. No one can tell your story better than the people who actually live and breath it. It adds priceless authenticity to the project. Interviews will be conversational in nature and nothing has to be memorized. We will do everything we can to make this an easy and relaxed experience for you and your employees while still capturing compelling and editable content.
We often find it useful to develop a shot list during the pre-production process. This ensures that we capture all the details that the client wants to include in the final video.
Once we are on site, we try to be flexible to the environment and surroundings. Sometimes things occur to either the client or the videographer during the shoot that no one had thought of during pre-production. If we think something could be relevant or beneficial to the project, we will go ahead and capture it because we would rather have extra footage and not need it, than be short footage in editing and want it.
Once the production is complete, we will go to work refining and shaping the video to achieve your vision. Through the editing process and onto the final touches, our editor will be immersed in your project. Among the steps we will tackle during this phase of the process for most documentary-style storytelling videos include:
- Loading all the raw video and interview footage into the computer.
- Carefully reviewing all sound bites gathered during the video shoot, grouping them into key themes and concepts.
- Editing the interview clips into a narrative track that tells a compelling story about your organization, highlighting the key themes identified during pre-prodcution.
- Providing a copy of this narrative track for the client’s review and make any requested changes.
- Adding additional footage that was shot during the production phase to the video as well as any additional footage, photos or other material provided by the client.
- Adding additional graphics and royalty free music to the video.
- Submitting a draft to the customer for approval and make any requested changes
- Adjusting color and cleaning-up audio as needed.
- Exporting a final version of the video and providing files to client.
From that point the video is all yours and you can use it to share your story with the world!